Mr. and Mrs. James A. Powers of Clarence celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a surprise dinner party hosted by their children for family and friends at Old Red Mill Inn in Clarence. A family cruise to the Bahamas is planned. A later cruise will be taken by the couple to revisit sites of their honeymoon trip to the British Isles and Norway. Mr. Powers and Kathleen M. Sentz were married April 27, 1963, in St. Gerard Church in Buffalo. He is a retired engineer from Praxair; she is a retired secretary for Erie Community College North. They have three children and six grandchildren.
Kathleen and James Powers
- 376 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo