The public will get a chance to weigh in on Mayor Byron W. Brown’s $482.5 million budget for 2013-14 during a hearing at 5 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers.
The Common Council will also continue its deliberations on the budget during hearings with department heads on Monday at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in chambers.
In addition, the Council will conduct workshops on each section of the budget beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in Room 1417.
Also this week:
• An opening ceremony for Western New York Armed Forces Week will be held at 12:45 p.m. Sunday at Erie Canal Harbor. The event will feature music by the American Legion Band of the Tonawandas, color guards and antique military vehicles and military salutes.
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall and will review a 62-space expansion of the parking lot at Elmwood-Franklin School, 104 New Amsterdam St.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.