Seniors in the town of Cheektowaga will get another shot at attending a “Seminar for Successful Aging” this week after a successful event of the same kind was held last month at the Cheektowaga Senior Center.
To be presented by Chuck Beinhauer and Laurie Menzies, senior partners with the Pfalzgraf, Beinhauer & Menzies law firm, the free encore presentation will be held at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and focus on helping families “plan for themselves or their loved ones as they age” with respect to legal, financial and medical issues.
Topics that are covered include staying at home or seeking care elsewhere, financial planning with respect to costs and legacy issues as well as topics involving the completion and filing of any necessary legal documents.
Those interested in attending are asked to sign up early at the senior center office, 3349 Broadway.
Also this week:
• The Cheektowaga Symphony Orchestra will hold a free concert at 3 p.m. today at the Cheektowaga Senior Center, 3349 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga-Sloan Union Free School District Board of Education is scheduled to hold a 6:30 p.m. Monday work session in the board room at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School, 166 Halstead Ave.
• The Cheektowaga Town Board will meet at 6:45 p.m. Monday in the council chambers at Cheektowaga Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• A public hearing on the proposed 2013-14 school budget in the Maryvale Union Free School District will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building’s board of education room at 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• The Cheektowaga Central School District’s board of education will hold a 7 p.m. Tuesday budget hearing and board meeting at the high school, 3600 Union Road.
• The Depew High School Band’s Spring Concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium of the 5201 S. Transit Road school.
• The Cheektowaga Patriotic Commission will hold a 7 p.m. Wednesday meeting in the banquet hall of the senior center.
• The Cleveland Hill Union Free School District Board of Education will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the district’s community room, 105 Mapleview Road. The meeting was rescheduled from last Wednesday.
• The Cheektowaga Central High School’s Performing Arts Department will hold a Chamber Music Night at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the high school.
• Pre-kindergarten through second-grade students from Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School will visit the Cheektowaga Senior Center to join seniors for a morning of crafts and songs at 9:45 a.m. Thursday.
• The Cheektowaga Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in the council chambers at town hall.
• The spring concert for choruses at Depew High School will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the school’s auditorium.
• The Depew High School’s junior and senior prom will be held Friday at Statler City, downtown Buffalo.
• The John F. Kennedy High School Jazz Festival will be held Saturday evening. Internationally-acclaimed saxophonist, Chris Vadala, of the Chuck Mangione Quartet, will conduct and play along with jazz ensembles from JFK High School as well as those from Cheektowaga Central and Cleveland Hill. A special alumni/staff jazz band that will wrap up the evening event. The 7 p.m. concert will be held in the Greenauer Auditorium at JFK High, 305 Cayuga Creek Road. Concert proceeds will support continuing jazz education at JFK.
• The affordable home improvement materials program is available for eligible seniors through the Cheektowaga Senior Citizens Foundation. Inventory may include items like lighting, doors, cabinets, windows, shelving, fencing, tile and others, according to the senior center. Program brochures that include eligibility requirements are available at the senior center.