The town’s Public Safety Committee has asked Erie County to review the intersection of Armor Duells Road, Powers Road and Old Orchard Lane.
The intersection is “potentially dangerous” and a realignment would make it safer, according to the committee. But Armor Duells and Powers are county roads, and a proposal to run Old Orchard into Powers must have the approval of the county. Town Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki said the county is looking at the intersection.
Village Board members have authorized using up to $100,000 from the equipment reserve for the purchase of a 2013 truck. The move is subject to a permissive referendum.
Town Board members appointed Lauren Kaczor to the Recreation Commission to fill a vacancy until the Dec. 31, 2014. Kaczor is the daughter of Councilman David Kaczor, who recused himself from voting on the appointment.
Also this week:
• The village Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Eggert Road Elementary PTO will host a Meet the Candidates Night at 6 p.m. Tuesday, followed by coffee with the candidates, in the administrative center, 3330 Baker Road. The School Board meeting will follow at 7 p.m., when the board will conduct a hearing on the proposed budget.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room in the municipal center. The board plans to go into executive session to meet with its labor attorney to discuss personnel issues in the Planning Office, Police Department and Highway Department, the Blue Collar contract, grievances within the Police and Highway departments, and the proposed Kronos time keeping polices for all town employees
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the basement meeting room in the municipal center.
• Free Mulch Day for residents is from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the compost site, 6909 Milestrip Road. The first cubic yard of mulch is free, the second cubic yard is $7.50, and further mulch will be full-price at $15. The price for non-residents is $23 per cubic yard.
• The Orchard Park Garden Club’s annual spring plant sale will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the railroad depot on South Buffalo Street, behind the Orchard Park Library.