Southern Erie County
Members of Lake Shore Middle School’s Community Service and Volunteerism/Leo’s Club recently helped organize clothes and packaged food at St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy in Buffalo. The students, accompanied by parents and club advisors, also delivered four boxes of toiletry items as well as towels, sponges an dishcloths to be used in the kitchen.
Also this week:
• The Eden Central School Board will conduct a budget hearing at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Junior/Senior High School cafeteria, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The Eden Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• Wood Carvers Association will hold a show today from 11 am to 4 p.m. at the Elma Senior Center, 3007 Bowen Road.
• The Elma Town Board will meet in a work session Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road. There will be a preview of the Town’s new website created by Aurora Consulting. It will be launched on May 20. Also there will be a review of the application from NYSEG for a communications tower at Stolle and Creek Roads.
• The Jamison Road Fire Company has received a grant for $82,251 from the U.S. Homeland Security through the Assistance to Firefighters Grant program. The money will go toward equipment to increase safety for firemen.
•The Marilla Town Board will hold a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room in the Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
On the agenda will be the rezoning request from Leon Berner, a rezoning reversion amendment for the code, setting a Public hearing for the Fire Company’s request for a permit for a parade down Two Rod Rd. during the Firemen’s Carnival in June.
The Board will discuss a replacement secretary for the Conservation Advisory Board due to the resignation of Deborah Lerner from that position.
At 7:30 p.m. Thursday, the Marilla Town Board will hold their monthly meeting in the lower court room in the Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• On Sunday, May 12 the Marilla Boy Scout Mother’s Day Chicken BBQ will be held from 11 am to 3 p.m. at the Marilla Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road. Pre-sale tickets are on sale for $9 at the Marilla Country Store, 1673 Two Rod Road. and at the door tickets will be $9.50. The BBQ will benefit a trip to Philmont, New Mexico Scout Camp.