• Erie County Industrial Development Agency Policy Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-7:30 p.m., M&T Bank–M&T Center, Training Room B, 1 Fountain Plaza, (enter on Chippewa Street at Washington). Parking available across on Washington St. in the M&T parking lot. CDUs/PDUs 1. Cost: $10 advance Buffalo/Rochester IIBA member; $15 IIBA Member no chapter affiliation; $25 nonmember; $25 at-the-door. Information and registration, http://iibabuffalo.onefireplace.com.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. and Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp., Finance and Audit Committee meeting, 11 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business Leaders, Food for Thought, noon-1:30 p.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Guest: Mary Owen, Buffalo Bills. Information and reservations, 632-6905 or email@example.com.
• West Seneca Chamber of Commerce, B2B, business after hours networking event, 5-7 p.m., Strikers Lanes, 50 Michael Road at Union Road, West Seneca. Fee: $5 members; $8 future members. Required reservations, 674-4900.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, networking and dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, 28 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls. Topic: Food for the Body, Mind and Soul. Cost: $25 members; $30 guests and late fee. Reservations with check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, BNTP, P.O. Box 333, East Aurora, NY 14052. Last minute RSVPs, email firstname.lastname@example.org and pay at door.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Export Assistance Center, Chautauqua County IDA, Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce, Manufacturers Association of the Southern Tier, the Small Business Development Center at Jamestown Community College, World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara and the Upstate NY District Export Council, export workshop, 9 a.m.-noon, Jamestown Community College–Carnahan Building, Classroom 123, 525 Falconer Ave., Jamestown. Topic: Export Workshop: Tools to Grow Your Business. Free. Information 551-4191 or Rosanna.email@example.com.
• The National Association of Purchasing Management, NAPM–Buffalo, educational networking and dinner meeting, 5 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Program: Ignite Creative-Thinking Performance. Cost: $25 members; $30 guests; $15 full time student. Information and registration, 648-0972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., today and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations 632-6905.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking–South meeting, 8:15-9:30 a.m., Colonial Wine & Spirits, 3211 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park. Reservations email@example.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Reservations 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
Seminars and classes
• SBA Business Matchmaker & Expo, small business owners can discuss potential contracting opportunities with representatives from colleges and universities, large corporations and federal, state and local agencies, 7 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, 153 Franklin St. Cost $30. SCORE Buffalo Niagara, “Selling to the Government” workshop, 9-10 a.m. and 10:15-11:15 a.m. Registration Scot Thompson, 551-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fourteen Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the Medicaid Laws, seminar, 5:30 p.m., Orazio’s Restaurant, 9415 Main St, Clarence. Speakers: Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, and Jeff Vastola, M&T Securities. Information and registration, 542-5444.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Product Development and Management Association, Spring Meeting: Building an Innovation Environment, 5:30-8 p.m., The Larkin Building at Exchange, 726 Exchange St. Speaker: Dr. Gina O’Connor, Lally School of Management and Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Cost: $30 nonmembers; $20 members and students. Information www.pdma.org/p/cm/ld/fid=55.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Manufacturers Council Tour of Tapecon, 8:30-10 a.m., Tapecon Inc. 701 Seneca St., Suite 255. Please enter via Larkin St. Register 852-7100.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens. Program: Buffalo Niagara Business Ethics Awards, with Dr. Michael W. Cropp, president/CEO, Independent Health. 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
• Buffalo Niagara Sales & Marketing Executives, Buckets & Beers Golf Networking Event, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Wehrle Golf Dome, 8230 Wehrle Dr., Williamsville. Cost: $20, includes a bucket of balls plus food at Billy Baroo’s Restaurant. Registration: 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• ASME Buffalo Section of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME, luncheon meeting, noon, Chef’s Restaurant, 291 Seneca St. Topic: Mechanical Draw Bridges: Planning/Design/Repair. Reservations sections.asme.org/buffalo.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership Movers & Shakers, 8-10 a.m., Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 665 Main St., Suite. 200. Topic: Workforce-How the P-16 pipeline is readying our workforce. Tickets: Free Partnership members; $25 nonmembers. Registration, 541-1770.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Scramble Networking Series, noon-2 p.m., Embassy Suites Buffalo, 200 Delaware Ave. Tickets: $25 member; $50 nonmember. Registration: 541-1770.
Seminars and classes
• Social Media Biz Summit 2013, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Canisius College Montante Center, 2001 Main St. Cost, $225. Information and registration Renee Martinez 472-6241 or www.SocialMediaBizSummit.com.
• The Buffalo Chapter Society of Financial Service Professionals Educational Lunch and Learn event, noon, Northeast Retirement Plan Advisors, 950-Am Union Road, Suite 31, West Seneca. Topic: New Tax Code For A New Generation. 2 CTUs. Registration events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=op9vvofab&oeidk=a07e7cnkuwp37ffb570
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, NetWorks!, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Quaker Steak & Lube, 6727 Transit Road, Lancaster. Cost $5, includes hors d’oeuvres and drink specials. Reservations, 684-5838.
• The Binational Alliance, Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Summer Street Capital Partners, Damon Morey, Canisius College, networking and information event, Enterprising Women Series Session Two: Cross-Border Immigration Law, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Pearl Street Grill and Brewery, 76 Pearl St. Craft beer tastings, with a variety of appetizers & entrees. Cost: Free Binational Alliance members; $35 credit care prepayment, nonmembers. Required reservations Nick Giangreco 856-6525 Ext. 157 or Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.