Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a new representative after incumbent Rosalyn Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot. Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor of English education, is running unopposed to represent the boot-shaped district that takes in much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue. Harris-Tigg also ran for the seat in 2010.
East District: With incumbent gone, no contest
- 314 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 164Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 125 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 114 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
- 105Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph