Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a new representative after incumbent Rosalyn Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot. Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor of English education, is running unopposed to represent the boot-shaped district that takes in much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue. Harris-Tigg also ran for the seat in 2010.
East District: With incumbent gone, no contest
- 350 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 262 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 227 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 137 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo