Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a new representative after incumbent Rosalyn Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot. Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor of English education, is running unopposed to represent the boot-shaped district that takes in much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue. Harris-Tigg also ran for the seat in 2010.
East District: With incumbent gone, no contest
- 478Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 178 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 121 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance