Incumbent Sharon Belton Cottman is the only candidate on the ballot. She was appointed two years ago to fill a vacancy on the board. The Rev. Kinzer M. Pointer, who has run for a seat on the board a few times and was appointed to the board for a brief stint, is the focus of a write-in challenge for the seat.
Three years ago, Pointer lost the seat by 69 votes to Pamela Cahill, out of more than 1,300 ballots cast.
Campaign puts students first
- 479Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 178 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 122 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance