Two candidates are running for the West District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education. The West District encompasses the West Side, Black Rock and Riverside neighborhoods and is home to a large Hispanic and immigrant population. This year’s race pits incumbent Ralph Hernandez, who is running as a write-in candidate, against challenger James Sampson in Tuesday’s election. In 2010, Hernandez won this seat by only 28 votes out of 829 ballots cast in a two-way race.
West District: Write-in votes to tell the tale on Tuesday
- 406 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 159 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 139 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 99 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult