Two candidates are running for the West District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education. The West District encompasses the West Side, Black Rock and Riverside neighborhoods and is home to a large Hispanic and immigrant population. This year’s race pits incumbent Ralph Hernandez, who is running as a write-in candidate, against challenger James Sampson in Tuesday’s election. In 2010, Hernandez won this seat by only 28 votes out of 829 ballots cast in a two-way race.
West District: Write-in votes to tell the tale on Tuesday
- 484Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 446 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 220 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 87Buffalo tops Forbes list of most affordable cities
- 86 LaFontaine breaks his silence but refuses to speak about departure from Sabres