Two candidates are running for the West District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education. The West District encompasses the West Side, Black Rock and Riverside neighborhoods and is home to a large Hispanic and immigrant population. This year’s race pits incumbent Ralph Hernandez, who is running as a write-in candidate, against challenger James Sampson in Tuesday’s election. In 2010, Hernandez won this seat by only 28 votes out of 829 ballots cast in a two-way race.
[BN] the know
Subscribe for just $1.99/wk
All packages include unlimited access to our websites & appsSUBSCRIBE TODAY
West District: Write-in votes to tell the tale on Tuesday
The Buffalo News works to promote civil conversation in the comments section below. Please review the user guidelines before commenting.
Having trouble posting a comment? Visit The News' commenting troubleshooting page.comments powered by Disqus
- 503 Letter: Pushing contraceptives encourages promiscuity
- 236 Poll: Majority favors downtown stadium for Bills
- 221National writer declares Sabres 'not worthy' of drafting McDavid, Eichel
- 198 Letter: Citizens United ruling hurts democratic system
- 133 Letter: Terrorists aren't afraid of civilians bearing arms