The Park District represents most of South Buffalo, up to William Street on the east and the Buffalo River on the west, with a patchwork of streets making up its northern border. Incumbent Louis J. Petrucci announced this winter he would not seek another term. Adrian F. Harris, a teacher’s aide in a nearby school district, and Carl P. Paladino, a prominent local developer, are vying May 7 for a three-year term to represent the district on the Buffalo Board of Education.
Park District candidates have different agendas
- 330 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 236 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 126 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 99 Letter: Democrats, not GOP, are hostile to women
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals