Two candidates are running for the Central District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education in the May 7 election. The Central District encompasses primarily the city’s East Side but goes as far west as Allentown and as far south as the Cobblestone District. This year’s race is a rematch between incumbent Mary Ruth Kapsiak and challenger Bryon McIntyre. In 2010, Kapsiak won the seat by a margin of 211 votes out of 1,142 cast.
Candidates point to ties to Buffalo schools
- 451Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 331 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 172 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 111 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance