Two candidates are running for the Central District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education in the May 7 election. The Central District encompasses primarily the city’s East Side but goes as far west as Allentown and as far south as the Cobblestone District. This year’s race is a rematch between incumbent Mary Ruth Kapsiak and challenger Bryon McIntyre. In 2010, Kapsiak won the seat by a margin of 211 votes out of 1,142 cast.
Candidates point to ties to Buffalo schools
- 382 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo