Two candidates are running for the Central District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education in the May 7 election. The Central District encompasses primarily the city’s East Side but goes as far west as Allentown and as far south as the Cobblestone District. This year’s race is a rematch between incumbent Mary Ruth Kapsiak and challenger Bryon McIntyre. In 2010, Kapsiak won the seat by a margin of 211 votes out of 1,142 cast.
Candidates point to ties to Buffalo schools
- 645 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 227 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 226 U.S. Department of Education to probe Buffalo Public Schools on discrimination charges
- 151 Letter: Conservatives are running the nation into the ground
- 113 Letter: Sheriff is not upholding all of New York's laws