Two candidates are running for the Central District seat on the Buffalo Board of Education in the May 7 election. The Central District encompasses primarily the city’s East Side but goes as far west as Allentown and as far south as the Cobblestone District. This year’s race is a rematch between incumbent Mary Ruth Kapsiak and challenger Bryon McIntyre. In 2010, Kapsiak won the seat by a margin of 211 votes out of 1,142 cast.
Candidates point to ties to Buffalo schools
- 635 Teacher faces discipline for letter about smelly children
- 125Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 107 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 104 Letter: SAFE Act makes criminals out of law-abiding citizens
- 69 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice