The recent withdrawal of a school board candidate in the West Seneca Central School District has prompted officials to extend the time for filing nominating petitions until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 8.
For additional information, visit the district’s Board of Education page at www.wscschools.org/petitions.
Also this week:
• Visit the Burchfield Nature & Art Center to see and learn more about Charles E. Burchfield’s “renowned painting style” and the Gardenville community where he lived for 40 years at a “Burchfield’s Painting & Burchfield’s Gardenville” event at 2 p.m. today at the 2001 Union Road center. The presentation on Burchfield’s art and life will be made by Jean Serusa and Nancy Barlow. Seating is limited and registration is required.
• Spring Fest at the Burchfield will be held from noon to 4 p.m. next Sunday at the nature and art center. The event will feature kids crafts, music, games, refreshments, demonstrations and a basket raffle.
• The West Seneca Art Society’s Spring Art Show, featuring art by Western New York painters, sculptors and photographers, ends Thursday at the Burchfield.
• An evening Jazz Festival & Concert featuring Bobby Militello will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the West Senior High School auditorium, 3330 Seneca St. Tickets are $3.
• West Seneca West High School’s Sports Boosters Chicken Barbecue is scheduled to be held at 3 p.m. Friday from the 3330 Seneca St. high school.