Cheektowaga’s popular annual bash honoring the golden wedding anniversaries of its senior population will be held this week at the town’s senior center on Broadway.
Sixteen couples will be honored this year at the town’s 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration sponsored by Cheektowaga’s Department of Senior Services. The event kicks off at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the 3349 Broadway center.
Couples will arrive and mingle over punch for about 30 minutes before they are formally introduced and then renew their vows with each other. There will be music by Tony Krew & Co. from 6-8 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, wedding cake and coffee served during the event.
Also this week:
• The Cheektowaga Town Board has scheduled a 4:10 p.m. Tuesday work session in the council office chambers at Cheektowaga Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The town’s Conservation Advisory Council is slated to hold a 6 p.m. Thursday meeting in the council office conference room of town hall.
• The John F. Kennedy High School’s spring concert is scheduled to be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at the 305 Cayuga Creek Road school.
• A “50 Day Bash” to celebrate the coming culmination of the school year is scheduled to be held at 7 p.m. Friday in the Maryvale High School cafeteria and gymnasium, 1050 Maryvale Drive.
• The Cheektowaga Rotary Club will hold a plant sale from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the senior center.
• The Town of Cheektowaga is seeking an individual to represent the town on the Erie County Environmental Management Council. The two-year term would expire in May 2015. Anyone interested can submit a resume to Supervisor Mary F. Holtz. More information can be obtained by calling Holtz’s office at 686-3465.