An update on the city’s negotiations with Time-Warner Cable is expected at 2 p.m. Tuesday when the Common Council’s Legislation Committee meets in Council Chambers.
The city’s telecommunications office will discuss its annual report, which describes the city’s unsuccessful effort to attract Verizon FiOS to the city. The city had hoped Verizon would provide competition to Time-Warner.
Lawmakers are also scheduled to discuss a measure banning junk yards from accepting refrigerators that have had harmful gases have been removed, and another reducing the first-time permit fee for food trucks from $1,000 to $800.
Also this week:
• The Council’s Fruit Belt advisory committee will meet at noon on Monday in Room 1417 in City Hall.
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall and will consider a proposal to build Hope Gardens Apartments, a two-story, 20-unit facility for women who are homeless at 58 Oberlin Ave., off of Sycamore Street on the East Side.
The board will also consider modifications to Acropolis restaurant, 708 Elmwood Ave., which will provide more kitchen space and room for a cooler.
• The Board of Ethics will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in Room 1317 in City Hall.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, and will discuss three appointments to city boards.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s cat task force will meet at noon in Room 1417 in City Hall.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Zoning Board will meet at 2 p.m. Wednesday in Room 901 of City Hall, and will consider a request from Five Points Bakery co-owner Kevin Gardner related to plans for a new bakery and parking area at 44 Brayton St. on the West Side. Gardner and his wife, Melissa, are preparing to move the bakery across the street from its current location, and intend to renovate a former dog kennel and construct an addition.
A request to covert 1499 Niagara St. to a contractor’s storage yard with fencing will also be considered.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.