The Clarence Senior Center’s fifth annual Basket Raffle will be 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at 4600 Thompson Road. Admission is free, and dozens of baskets will be raffled. Tickets will be sold until 1:45 p.m., and the drawing will start at 2 p.m. Ticket holders need not be present to win. Pizza and light refreshments will be sold. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Meals on Wheels and Rural Transit Service.
Also this week:
• The Clarence Chamber of Commerce will host an After Hours Business Blender, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Brennan’s Bowery Bar and Restaurant, 4401 Transit Road. Guest speaker will be County Legislator Ed Rath III. The event is open to the public; RSVP to the Chamber at 631-3888.
• The Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, following a 6:30 p.m. work session. There will be a public hearing on the town’s proposed purchase of 66 acres south of Clarence Center Road for up to $465,000.
• The Clarence Public Library will hold its Spring Book Sale this week. The event begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, with a “members-only” night for members of the Friends of the Clarence Public Library. Those interested can join at the door. The sale is open to everyone on Friday and Saturday. The hours on Friday are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturday, the hours are 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., followed by a bag sale from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The bake sale starts 10 a.m. Saturday.
• The Clarence Central School District will discuss what was learned in last week’s “intruder drill” at the High School when it holds an open community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in the High School auditorium, 9625 Main St.
• The Brothers of Mercy Campus Foundation will host a workshop, “Grow Your Business with Email and Social Media,” at 9 a.m. on Friday, at the Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10570 Bergtold Road. The two-hour interactive seminar will be presented by Ellen DePasquale Williams, regional development director at Constant Contact. The $10 fee includes refreshments. For more information or to register, contact Pam Kloc, 759-7604 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Clarence Chamber of Commerce will host a musical dinner theater performance, “Stuart B. Stranges, Bohemian Bizarre,” on Friday at Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Amherst. Cash cocktail bar and dinner food stations are at 6 p.m.; show time is 7:30 p.m. The cost is $48 per ticket and prepaid reservations are required. Tickets are on sale at the Chamber office, 8899 Main St., Suite 4. Call 631-3888 for more information.
• The Clarence Women’s Club will host its 50th annual Scholarship Card and Game Night at 6:30 p.m. May 7 in the Town Park Clubhouse, 10405 Main St. Interested adults are invited to bring their favorite board or card games. Tickets are $5 per person and include door prizes, strawberry shortcake and beverages. A Chinese auction will also be available. Funds raised will allow the club to award five scholarships to Clarence High School seniors. For more information, call 759-9797.