Southern Erie County
The Elma Moratorium Committee on Multiple Dwellings will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 24 at the Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Rd.
Tim Walczak of the Elma Sewer Department and Drew Riley of Clark Patterson will speak. Committee Chair James Malczewski can be reached at 228-8003 if the public has any questions.
Last week, the Elma Planning Board approved a final site plan for Seasonal Nursery, 90 New Bullis Rd. site of 2.9 acres, with conditions.
A spruce berm of 6 to 7 foot trees and six maples would be planted on the road side of the fence. A drainage district would be formed and work to be completed by August 1.
There will be no Sunday hours.
Also, a preliminary site plan was approved by the Planning Board for an expansion of Alton’s Restaurant, Transit and Seneca St. banquet facilities. Parking spaces will be adjusted.
A final site plan was approved for Steuben Foods on Jamison Rd.
• The Elma United Methodist church will sponsor a donation drop off at 2991 Bowen Rd. for three charitable organizations in the community on Sunday April 21 from 8 am to 1 p.m. Items in good condition can be dropped off at the church. Habitat for Humanity ReStore is seeking items including large and small appliances, furniture, building materials, hardware, electrical fixtures, plumbing fixtures, windows, doors, landscaping materials, holiday decor, musical instruments and books. The Asbury Shalom Zone is collecting clothing,shoes, purses and belts to sell in its second hand shop. FISH of East Aurora is accepting non perishable food items. Contact the church at 652-5427 for more information.
Also this week:
• The Boston Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.• Elma Conservation Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 23 at the Town Hall.
• The Eden School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Jr/Sr High School library.
• The Marilla Town Board will meet in a work session Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the upstairs meeting room at the town hall, 1740 Two Rod Rd. On the agenda will be a discussion of a Peddler’s Law, Some members of the Board feel it is too lengthy and detailed and may prefer to dispense with it.
Also discussed will be the Rezone of business property back to it’s original zoning if not built upon in one year.
Replacing worn out stones at the veterans memorial and a discussion whether to replace the old message center sign in front of the Community Center.
• The Marilla Historical Society will meet Thursday for a program with the FBI at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, Two Rod Rd. The public is welcome.
• The Wales Town Board will meet in a work session Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Rd.
On the agenda will be special use permit for 7-Eleven on Olean Rd. in South Wales.
• The Wales Center Volunteer Fire Co. Open House will be held between 10 am and 2 p.m. at the fire hall at 12300 Big Tree Rd. Free hot dogs and pop, fun games and activities for the kids and free blood pressure checks for adults plus various demonstrations by firefighters.
• The Wales Town Board will meet in a work session Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Rd. On the agenda will be a referendum on the Wales VFD service award program and a special use permit for a 7-Eleven store on Olean Rd. in South Wales.
• The Wales Volunteer Fire Dept. will hold an open house for the public on Saturday between 10 am to 2 p.m. Anyone interested can get information on volunteering in addition to watching firefighters crush steel with the Jaws of Life, teach proper fire extinguisher use, ladder a building and practice emergency bail out.