Town Board members are poised to reject a rezoning request that would allow the construction of luxury apartments off Howard Road.
A resolution on the agenda for Monday’s board meeting would reject the rezoning request on the grounds the rezoning for a higher density does not fit the area, a study has not been done on the need for more multi-family housing and there may not be a need for it. The current zoning allows for one and two-family houses.
Neighbors have filed petitions requiring a super majority vote, which would require all three members of the board to approve the rezoning.
The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room 1 followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
Also in Hamburg, discounted tickets to Buffalo Bisons games are being sold at the Hamburg town recreation office on Lakeview Road. The tickets cost $8 and will be available for games throughout the season, excluding July 3.
A portion of the purchase price of each ticket benefits the Town of Hamburg Recreation Foundation, a non-profit group formed to improve, expand and develop parks, athletic fields and recreational facilities in the community.
Also this week:
• The Frontier School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave.
• The town arena on Lakeview Road opens it sports court floor Monday.
• Sidewalk repairs in the Village of Hamburg are to start this week, according to Public Works Superintendent Marc Shuttleworth.
• Brush pick-up will be held in Blasdell every Monday starting this week. Brush must be put out before 7 a.m.
• A representative of State Assemblyman Sean Ryan, D-Buffalo, will conduct an outreach from 1 p.m .to 3 p.m. Friday in the Lake Shore Library, 4857 Lake Shore Road.