• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs, Cornell Cooperative Extension, 4-H Bldg., Lake Ave., Lockport, 7 p.m., Monday. Email: email@example.com.
• Chautauqua County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Ellery Rod & Gun Club, 7:30 p.m., Wednesday. Call 640-2776.
• Erie County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, West Falls Conservation Society, 55 Bridge St., 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Call 440-6995.
• Doc’s Archery Leagues, 908 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, Tuesday Night Vegas Target League, 7 p.m., Spring TechnoHunt Video Virtual Bow Hunting League, and Youth Programs at 10:30 a.m. on Saturdays. For details, call 693-2703 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Collins Conservation Club 10-Week 3-D Archery Course, Conger Road, shooting Thursday evenings, 4:30 p.m.-dark, to June 27, eleven-D targets, all shooters are welcome. Call Glen Gawron (909-3441).
• Alden Rod & Gun Club Air Pistol League, 12 County Line Road, Begins May 7, shooting Tuesdays to July 23, relays at 7:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m. and a third if needed. Call Carl Leas (656-0350) or email: email@example.com.
• Wood and Brook Sportsman Club, Alden, 7-10 p.m., Monday and Friday, and 9 a.m.-done, Saturday. Register at first class.
• South Dayton American Legion and Pine Valley Rod & Gun Club, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. For class times and directions, call 257-2766.
• His Way Archers, 31 Water St., Jamestown, 6-10 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday. Register at first class.
• S&S Taxidermy Pistol Permit Class, 455 S. Cascade Dr., Springville, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 592-2404. ZZ Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Classes,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m., Tuesday and VFW Post No. 1419, Hamburg, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday; “Utah, Florida and Arizona Conceal Carry Class,” Springville Field and Stream, Chaise Road, 6-10 p.m., Thursday. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, “NYS Pistol Permit Classes,” 6 p.m., Tuesday and 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Batavia, 6 p.m., Thursday; and “Utah, Arizona, Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class,” Genesee County SCOPE, Batavia, 9 a.m., Saturday, call 778-9431.
• Maryvale Community Education “Personal Water Craft Boating Class”, Maryvale High School, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday. To register, call 635-4666.
• U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 3-2 “8-Hour Boating and Jet Ski Safety Class,” McKinley Mall, Community Room, Hamburg, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday. To register, call 366-0899.
• U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 33 “Paddlesports America Course,” St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, 1395 George Urban Blvd., Cheektowaga, 8 a.m.-noon, Saturday. Call 901-0722.
• Budd Schroder NRA Pistol Instructor Certification Course, Mohawk Rifle and Pistol Club, 857 Sheridan Dr., Town of Tonawanda, 6 p.m., Thursday an 9 a.m., Saturday. Call 861-9302 or email: email@example.com.
• Orvis Buffalo Free Fly Fishing 101 Classes, Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, 8 a.m., Saturday and 10 a.m., April 28. To register, call 276-7200.
• Bison City Rod & Gun Club Annual Hunting and Fishing Flea Market, 511 Ohio St., 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Saturday. Call Dick Hurd (725-8805).
• Canandaigua Lake Chapter of Trout Unlimited 18th Annual Fly Fishing School, Onanda Park, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday. Call Dave Morrow at (585) 394-8740 or go to canandaigualaketu.org.
• Batavia Gun and Sportsman Show, Falleti Ice Arena, 22 Evans St., Saturday and April 28. Free parking and NICS checks. For more information, call Robert Wynn (998-8470) or Jim Penland (434-6535).
• Kinzua Fly Fishing Schools, University of Pittsburgh-Bradford Campus, sessions begin May 4 and 5. For details, call Steve Skvarka at (814) 368-5814 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WNY Chapter of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation 23rd Annual Fund Raising Banquet, West Valley Fire Hall, Route 240 4 p.m., Saturday. Call 699-2525.
• New York Walleye Association honored two outstanding members. Robert Zoeller presented the Presidents Award and a lifetime membership to Ken “Pa” Benner Sr. for his years of service. Vice president Dayton Dane presented the Directors award to Maryann Filsinger, club treasurer, who volunteers during numerous club events.
• Niagara County Federation of Conservation Clubs honored many recipients: Hunter Education, Dave Lavery; Bow Education, Shawn Galyen; Youth, twins Chris and Ben Pastwick; Sportsmen’s Heritage, Dale Dunkelburger; President’s Award, Ashley Butcher; Great Lakes Fishery, Joe Yeager; Club, Wolcottsville Sportsmen’s Club; Sportsperson, Sue Bryant; Lifetime Achievement, Mike Wilkinson and Richard Cavagnaro; Legislator, Steve Reiter; and John Long Sr. Memorial Business of the Year, Johnson’s Country Store.
• Double T Archery Club presented the Sal Ganci Award to corresponding secretary, Ian Foley; the Schottmiller Youth Program Merit Award went to TT Past President, Ed Nowicki.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: “Intermediate Tour Leader Training,” 9 a.m.–noon, Saturday; “Iroquois Observation Saturday Program — Spring Into Nature, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, “Birding at Buckhorn State Park, 9-11 a.m., Saturday; and Talk: Dr. Thomas Seeley will discuss “The Bee Hive as a Honey Factory,” 2 p.m., April 28. All programs are by pre-registration unless noted. For all program details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10), or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd. Activities: “Wellness Walk (all ages),” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday; “Full Egg Moos Stroll,” 8-9:30 p.m.-noon, Thursday; and “Trek Tifft,” 2-3:30 p.m., April 28. Registration required for these events. For all TNP programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: “Full Moon Nature Walk,” 8:30 p.m., Thursday; “Family Full Moon Nature Walk,” 8:30 p.m., Friday; “Educators Workshop: Great Lakes Institute (for educators and students in grades 6-12,” 9:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., Saturday; and “Growing Gardens Series for Kids (for ages 6-8),” 10:30 a.m., Saturday. For registration details and all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program: “Night Buckhorn Swamp People!,” Buckhorn Island State Park, 7:30-9 p.m., Friday, call 549-1050.
• “Forest Lawn is for the Birds!” Guided Bird Walks, 1411 Delaware Ave., 8-10 a.m., Fridays and Sundays beginning this Friday. Call 885-1600 or go to forest-lawn.com.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Emery Park Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 651-9877; “Conservation Trail – Gooseneck Road to Route 39,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 833-3851; and “Erie County Forest, Sardinia,” 10 a.m., April 28, call 866-1233.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter of Adirondack Mountain Club Events: For all club events and extended weekend outings, visit adk-nfc.org.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Event: “Learn How to Use a Compass and Map,” Emery Park, Storer’s Lodge, Town of South Wales, 10 a.m., Saturday. Call 868-3593 or go to buffalo-orienteering.org.
• Buffalo Ornithological Society Event: “Braddock Bay Trip with Rochester Birding Association,” 9:30 a.m., April 28. Call 390-1429.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Presentation: Glen LaPlaca will discuss “Dinosaurs, Mammoths and More,” Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lake Shore Road, Blasdell, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Classes: “CPR American Red Cross Adult and Child,” 1000 Ellicott Creek Road, Town of Tonawanda, 6-10 p.m., Thursday; and “Introduction to Kayaking,” Williamsville South High School Pool, 5950 Main St., 6-9 p.m., April 30. Call 626-0350.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Morning Bird Walk – Bluebird Trail,” “Wildflower Walk – Featuring Fiddleheads,” 1 p.m., Thursday; “Crepuscular Walk – Full Moon Frog Serenade,” 7 p.m., Thursday; “Mushroom and Moss Walk – Silver Lake Outlet,” 10 a.m., Saturday; “Genesee Valley Greenway Hike,” 10 a.m., April 28; and “Native American Stories Walk,” 1 p.m., April 28. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625. email@example.com.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.