Orchard Park may take its insurance to another company.
Seven companies were asked for quotes on the insurance and three provided them. Allied World National Assurance appears to have the low bid and $200,000, which is lower than the renewal rate for the Traveler’s Insurance, which was $231,000, according to officials.
Town Board members are expected to discuss the insurance further this month.
Also this week:
• The town Zoning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The Town Board will hold a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in the municipal center.
• The village Zoning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal center.
• A representative of state Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will conduct a community outreach from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the municipal center.
• A free computer and electronics recycling day will be conducted for village residents from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the village Department of Public Works, 100 W. Highland Ave.