Tom James pitched the first no-hitter for Akron High since 1975 on Saturday, in a 2-1 victory at Medina in the Niagara-Orleans League baseball. Akron coach Greg Bell was involved as player when the school’s last no-hitter was pitched. James, a junior, allowed four baserunners, and Medina scored its run with the help of two Akron errors. Zach Pfenter scored the winning run for the Tigera.
Akron pitcher throws no-hitter
- 460Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 175 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 115 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance