Tom James pitched the first no-hitter for Akron High since 1975 on Saturday, in a 2-1 victory at Medina in the Niagara-Orleans League baseball. Akron coach Greg Bell was involved as player when the school’s last no-hitter was pitched. James, a junior, allowed four baserunners, and Medina scored its run with the help of two Akron errors. Zach Pfenter scored the winning run for the Tigera.
Akron pitcher throws no-hitter
- 405 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 296Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 229 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified