• The PAL Charity Golf Clinic will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. May 1 in the Wehrle Golf Dome, 8230 Wehrle Drive, Williamsville. Cost is $25 per person and includes unlimited balls for indoor and outdoor ranges, free instruction and tips from area professionals, miniature golf, a Chinese auction and raffle, food and beverages. All proceeds benefit PAL Youth Golf programs. For tickets, call 851-4615. Also, the PAL Charity Golf Classic will be held on June 3 at Bridgewater Country Club in Fort Erie, Ontario. Cost is $150 per golfer. Visit www.buffalopal.com.
• The New York State Deputy Association Celebrity Golf Tournament will take place June 1 at Seneca Hickory Stick in Lewiston. Event features honorary co-chairs Rene Robert and Lou Piccone. Proceeds benefit the scholarship fund. Contact Joe Ciffa at 694-7867 or 583-4710.
• The Jason Yoder Memorial Golf Tournament will take place June 3 at Glen Oak Golf Course, 711 Smith Road, East Amherst. Registration runs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. with lunch at 11 a.m. and a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $100 for golf and the after party, or $45 for the party only. The after party will include beer and well drinks, dinner and basket raffles. Names and payment should be submitted by May 17 for golf and after party. To make a payment, visit http://jasonyoder.webs.com or contact Orlando Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Pasquarella at email@example.com, or Esther Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds benefit ALS research, a scholarship fund in Jason’s name, and the First Tee of WNY.
• The Ralph & Grace Galanti Memorial Golf Tournament will be held June 8 at Gowanda County Club in Collins. The tournament will be a team scramble format. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $90 per golfer and includes 18 holes with a cart, lunch, a buffet dinner, one hour of open bar, prizes and more. Tournament is limited. Call Chico at 822-4708 or Joanna at 901-0188. Proceeds benefit the Ralph & Grace Galanti Memorial Athletic Fund for scholarships and funding amateur athletic organizations.
• The second annual MS Golf Outing will be held June 10 at Transit Valley Country Club in East Amherst. The tournament starts at noon. Cost is $200 per person or $800 for a foursome and includes lunch, refreshments, cocktail hour, a silent auction, and a steak dinner. Contact Maria Batt at Maria.Batt@nmss.org or Jim Kalec at email@example.com.
• The Child and Adolescent Treatment Services Foundation will host its annual Charity Golf Outing on June 10 at Brookfield Country Club. The 18-hole classic will include an 11:30 lunch with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Registration is $250, $100 for reception and dinner only. Sponsorships available. Contact Cassie Wall 819-3420 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Lockport Tops Friendly Market 14th Annual JDRF Golf Tournament will be held June 12 at Oak Run Golf Club in Lockport. Cost is $500 for a foursome and includes golf with a cart, lunch, a steak dinner, prizes and a basket raffle. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. All proceeds benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Call Mike Shanahan at 439-4366.
• The second annual Hoffspice Golf Tournament will be held June 17 at River Oaks Golf Club in Grand Island. Cost is $120 and includes 18 holes with cart, lunch, dinner, long drive contest, closest to pin contest, 50/50 raffle, and a Chinese auction. All proceeds benefit Hospice. Call Justin Hoffman at 818-6836.
• St. Martin of Tours will host the John Munch Memorial Golf Tournament on June 17 at Springville Country Club. Proceeds benefit Notre Dame Academy Elementary School. Call Patty Hannon at 822-4404.
• A charity golf tournament for multiple sclerosis research will be held at 1 p.m. June 23 at Harvest Hill Golf Course. Cost is $125 per person or $500 a foursome and includes golf, lunch, drinks, and prizes. Call Jeff Haxton at 207-6599 or email email@example.com.
• The Cardinal O’Hara Alumni Golf Tournament will be held June 25 at Arrowhead Golf Course on Clarence Center Road in Akron, with dinner to follow at The Grove at Banchetti’s in Amherst. Cost is $110 per golfer and includes greens fees, cart, lunch, beverages on the course, and dinner. Visit www.cardinalohara.com or call Renee Orr at 695-2600, ext. 312.
• The second annual Nathan P. Carducci Golf Outing and Wine Tour will kick off with a 1:30 p.m. shotgun start on June 29 at Arrowhead Golf Course in Akron. Cost is $125 per golfer and includes golf, cart, lunch, beer on the course, open bar, dinner and prizes. All proceeds benefit the Nathan P. Carducci Scholarship Fund at Canisius High School. Sponsorships available. Call Mike Carducci at 683-6758 or 604-5742 or Jim Byrne 674-2525 or 480-4604.
• The fifth annual Tom Borrelli Golf Tournament will be held July 1 at Holland Hills Country Club. The event benefits the Borrelli Memorial Award and Scholarship Fund. The awards, which will go to WNY’s top senior male and female high school lacrosse players, will be presented at the dinner following the tournament. The $100 cost per golfer includes golf (10 a.m. shotgun scramble), cart, chicken and ribs dinner, one-hour open bar, and prizes. To register or donate, mail a check payable to the Tom Borrelli Memorial Fund, along with the names of golfers, dinner guest and a contact email address and phone number to: Tom Borrelli Memorial Award, Sports Department, The Buffalo News, P.O. Box 100, Buffalo, N.Y. 14240.
• Main Mobility will host the fifth annual Buffalo Amputee Golf Classic at Brierwood Country Club on July 1. Registration will run at 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. with shotgun starts at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Cost is $110 and includes golf, cart, range lunch, open bar, dinner and entertainment ($10 additional fee after June 15). Tournament is for men and women amputees and non-amputees. Proceeds benefit college scholarships for amputees. Visit www.buffaloamputeegolf.com.
• Applications are now being accepted for the 30th annual Bengal Club Golf Classic on July 8 at Brierwood Country Club. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and the tournament begins at 12:30 p.m. The event begins with a warm-up on the practice range with two area professionals, followed by golf with a cart, lunch, cocktail hour, steak and chicken dinner, auction, and an awards presentation. Cost is $175 per golfer or $700 for a foursome. Proceeds benefit the 400 Buffalo State student-athletes and their programs. Sponsorships available. Visit www.buffalostateathletics.com or contact Tom Koller at 878-6514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 12th annual Par Fore a Mission Golf Classic will be held on July 8 at the Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course in Lewiston. Cost is $150 and includes a cart, green fees, lunch, gifts, beer and soda, and dinner. Proceeds benefit Community Missions’ Crisis and Community Services Programs, which include the soup kitchen, clothes closet, food pantry, parole re-entry program, Mark’s Place (HIV/AIDS), and the homeless shelter. Registration is from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Registration deadline is June 27, or when sold out. Call Andrea Gray at 285-3403, ext. 2225 or Deborah Owens-Williamson at ext. 2240, or visit www.communitymissions.org.
• The 12th annual Amherst Alumni Golf Classic will take place July 11 at Glen Oak Golf Course in East Amherst. Registration is at 10 a.m. followed by lunch and a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $135 per golfer with discounts for students or early bird registration. All proceeds benefit the Amherst Central Alumni Foundation Grant Program. Contact Lynn Wardour at 783-6853 or email email@example.com.
• The “Come Get Some” annual golf tournament to benefit The Hospice Foundation will be held July 12 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Registration and lunch will begin at 12:30 p.m. with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. The tournament is scramble format. Cost is $80 per golfer and includes cart and steak dinner. Call Jill Pogodzinski at 883-6618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register online visit www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/comegetsome/.
• Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School will host the annual Green & Gold Golf Classic and dinner on July 15 at Brierwood Country Club. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The event features golf, cocktails and dinner. Cost is $150 per person or $600 for a foursome. Proceeds benefit scholarship funds for Timon. Contact Kevin McLaughlin at 826-3610, ext. 251.
• The WNY Baseball Hall of Fame seventh annual Golf Outing will take place July 17 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Cost is $80 and includes golf, cart, lunch, dinner, and open bar for one hour. Shotgun start at 10 a.m. Call Don O’Brien at 837-7179 or Bob Miske at 834-1048.
• The fourth annual HMRC Golf Championship will be held July 19 and 20. Friday will have a four-player scramble at Buffalo Tournament Club. A two-player better ball format will be used at Elma Meadows Golf Course on Saturday. All proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Call Deacon Tom Klusek at 875-6898 or email email@example.com.
• The WNY State Farm Charity Dinner and Golf to benefit Cradle Beach will be held on July 22 at Fox Valley Country Club. Registration is 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $800 for a foursome and includes lunch, a cocktail party, dinner, a gift bag and awards. Contact Diane Martorana at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 549-6307, ext. 208.
• The Ken-Ton Schools Athletic Hall of Fame Tournament will be held July 24 at Sheridan Golf Course in the Town of Tonawanda. Cost is $90 per person and includes golf, cart, dinner and dozens of prize opportunities. Tournament proceeds go to scholarships for graduating seniors at both Kenmore East and Kenmore West high schools. Contact Athletic Director Brett Banker at 874-8411, ext. 4.
• The Ricky Palermo Spinal Injury Tournament will take place Aug. 3 at Terry Hills Golf Course in Batavia, with dinner at Genesee Community College to follow. Cost is $440 per foursome (men’s, women’s, or mixed) and includes lunch, dinner, gift bags, 50/50 raffle, a live and silent action and more. Proceeds benefit Batavia’s UMMC emergency room, Strong Memorial Hospital, Batavia’s YMCA FES bike program, and The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. Sponsorships available. Contact Ricky Palermo at (585) 343-0750 or visit www.rickypalermo.org.
• The eighth annual Olmsted Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 9 at Delaware Park Golf Course with a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $100 and includes golf, cart, lunch, dinner, refreshments, gift bag, and raffle tickets. Proceeds support the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy. Sponsorships available. Contact David Hoover at 838-1249, ext. 19 or email@example.com.
• Eastern Niagara Hospital and the Newfane, Olcott and Wilson Lions Clubs will host the annual Eastern Niagara Health System Dr. Dy Memorial Golf Classic on Aug. 12 at the Lockport Town & Country Club. The event will begin with lunch at 11 a.m. and a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $165 per golfer and includes greens fees, cart, lunch, cocktail hour, open bar, and a steak dinner. All proceeds benefit the health system. Call Carolyn Moore at 514-5505.
• The Buffalo Stamping Plant & UAW Local 897 are holding the ninth annual Golf Outing and Wine Tour to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation on Aug. 17 at Diamond Hawk Golf Course and Niagara Wine Trail. Call Tim Collins at 821-4074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 12th annual Drive Fore Disabilities Tournament will be held at East Aurora Country Club on Aug. 19. Registration includes golf, cart, advertising, a gift, food and beverages and more. There will be a breakfast and morning round, and a lunch and afternoon round followed by dinner and a program. Sponsorships are available. Contact Sarah Snyder at 817-7269 or email@example.com or visit www.people-inc.org to register.
• The third annual BNI Golf Tournament to benefit the Buffalo Zoo will be held Aug. 26 at Transit Valley Country Club in East Amherst. Event is a four-person scramble format with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Tournament includes team and individual prizes, contests and awards, raffle and 50/50 drawings. To register contact Joe Zgoda at 998-6021 firstname.lastname@example.org or Jack Saia at 564-0400 or email@example.com
• The Valley Community Association Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 26 at Lancaster Country Club. Cost is $100 per person. Contact Peg Overdorf at 553-8350.
• The Orleans Correctional Facility annual Multiple Sclerosis Tournament will be held Aug. 30 at Batavia Country Club. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $75 per golfer or $300 for a foursome. Events include a Chinese auction, 50/50, lunch on the turn, and dinner. Contact Kenneth Gold at 603-0195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The 17th annual Father Joe Bayne, OFM Conv. Golf Tournament will tee off at 12:45 p.m. Sept. 5 at Brierwood Country Club. Cost is $175 per golfer and proceeds benefits The Franciscan Center. To register, call 822-8017.
• The third annual Trinity Church Golf Tournament will take place on Sept. 14 at Concord Crest Golf Course in East Concord. Registration is at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $80 and includes cart, lunch, and chicken or steak dinner. To register visit www.trinityhamburg.org or call 649-4320.
• The Marie Jackson Women’s Scramble Tournament will be held on Sept. 15 at the Cazenovia Golf Course. It’s a nine-hole shotgun tournament. Cost is $45 and includes golf, a light lunch, beverages and prizes. The post-tournament party will be at Doc Sullivan’s. Proceeds will provide four scholarships for South Buffalo eighth graders to assist them in tuition for the Catholic high school they plan on attending. The event is held in memory of Marie Jackson, an avid golfer who played five days a week at Caz and South Park until shortly before her death in 2006. Call Patty Jackson-Doctor at 823-5862.
Charity events compiled by News Sports Clerk Kelly Boquard.