Restaurants will contribute at least 25 percent of the day’s food sale receipts to Evergreen Health Services (formerly AIDS Community Services of Western New York), an organization dedicated to stopping the spread of HIV/AIDS in Western New York and providing vital services to those living with the disease. Some 8,000 families in Western New York have a family member living with or at high risk of HIV/AIDS.
Dining Out for Life was founded in 1991 in Philadelphia. This year marks the 11th year the project has been held in Western New York. Last year, 20,000 Western New Yorkers dined out for the event, raising $93,000. All funds raised here remain here.
For a list of participating restaurants, ranging from fine dining to casual, call 847-0340.
Dining Out for Life to benefit AIDS fight
- 559 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 489Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 224 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 99 Letter: Sheriff is not upholding all of New York's laws
- 98 Letter: Conservatives are running the nation into the ground