The town Fishing Derby will be 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Town Park, 10405 Main St.
Registration is at 8:30 a.m. The event is for children 15 and under; the derby is catch and release only.
Trophies will be presented for the largest fish, smallest fish, smallest fisherman, and the most caught.
Also this week:
• A Planning Board executive meeting will be held at 9 a.m. Monday at Town Hall.
• The School Board will hold a budget study session at 7 p.m. Monday at the High School, 9625 Main St.
• The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Town Hall.
• The Ethics Board will meet at 8:55 a.m. Wednesday at Town Hall.
• The Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, following a 6 p.m. work session. A public hearing is scheduled on a request by Gabe’s Collision for a special exception use permit to open a combination collision shop, rental car facility and used-car sales operation at 5817 Transit Road. The Planning Board previously recommended against granting the permit.
Also Wednesday, the board will hold a public hearing to consider the purchase of about 77 acres of vacant land at Goodrich and Herr roads for $1 million.
• The Clarence Senior Center’s fifth annual Basket Raffle will be 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on April 27, at 4600 Thompson Road. Admission is free. Dozens of baskets will be raffled, with tickets sold until 1:45 p.m. Drawing will begin at 2 p.m. and ticket holders need not be present to win. Pizza and light refreshments will be sold. A portion of the proceeds will also benefit Meals on Wheels and Rural Transit Service. Call 633-5138 for details.