Plans to redevelop a former freezer building downtown, visible from the Interstate-190, will be discussed during the Planning Board meeting that begins at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall.
Ellicott Development is planning apartments, office space, a restaurant and banquet facility at 199 Scott St., which is known to motorists by its political billboard and “Coffee Rich” painted logo.
Also this week:
• The Common Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, and will discuss a resolution from North Council Member Joseph Golombek advocating a “no kill” policy for animal shelters, including the city shelter. The committee will also consider a measure that would end any lingering effects of the city’s long-repealed occupancy tax in 2018.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.