CASTILE – A faulty wood stove vent system in the garage at 19 Pickett Street here caused $100,000 damage to the garage and some exterior damage to the family house, according to Castile Asst. Fire Chief Brian Brown.
Crews from seven area fire companies were at the scene for about 3 1/2 hours after the fire was reported about 2:45 a.m. Thursday. Assisting at the scene were crews from the Wyoming County Emergency Services office, the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department and workers from the Wyoming Correctional Facility and the Village of Castile.
Brown said fire companies in Perry and Fillmore were also on standby during the fire. No injuries were reported.