ADVERTISEMENT

LOCKPORT – Niagara County Judge Sara Sheldon Farkas jailed a 17-year-old from Niagara Falls in lieu of $100,000 bail Tuesday after he pleaded not guilty to an eight-count indictment accusing him of taking part in a failed Jan. 12 home invasion in that city.

“I didn’t do anything,” K’Shawn L. Sistrunk of McKoon Avenue protested as he was handcuffed. “What’s going on?” Sistrunk, who had been free on a $5,000 bail bond, was living a few doors from the targeted home on Linwood Avenue at the time of the crime. He is charged with first- and second-degree burglary, attempted first- and attempted second-degree robbery, second-degree menacing and three counts of criminal use of a firearm.

Assistant District Attorney Joseph A. Scalzo said three masked intruders entered the home, two of them armed with long guns. However, a person in the home disarmed one of the attackers, and they all fled without stealing anything.

Scalzo told Farkas that two of Sistrunk’s relatives testified to the grand jury that Sistrunk had told them he had taken part in a robbery that night. The other two participants have not been identified, Scalzo said.