•Buffalo Cosmetology Association 11, NY State Business Compliances, New Hazards, Protection and Alternatives in Cosmetology Products, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Days Inn, 4345 Genesee St. Call 863-4281.
• The Finance and Audit Committee meeting of the Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. and Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp, 8:45 a.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency meeting of the members, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo followed by Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corporation board of directors meeting, followed by Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext 136.
• Buffalo’s Young Preservationists, speed dating event, 6-9 p.m., Sweetness_7, 220 Grant St., Buffalo. Several presentations about current and future initiatives that BYP is working on will be given.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, breakfast meeting, 8-9 a.m., Univera Healthcare, 205 Park Club Lane, Williamsville. Registration, 7:45 a.m. Topic: “The Rewards and Challenges of Being an Independent PR Practitioner.” Breakfast buffet provided. Registration: Free students; $25 members and $45 nonmembers. Registration, www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or 879-0942.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today; 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
•Buffalo Urban Development Corp., membership meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, followed by BUDC directors meeting. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or email@example.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• West Seneca Chamber of Commerce Seminar Series, U.S. Small Business Administration, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Southgate Plaza Meeting Room, 950A Union Road, Second Floor Plaza Office Complex, West Seneca. Topic: Resources Available to Help Your Business. Cost $5 per person includes lunch and literature. Reservations, 674-4900.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking (WIN) City meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.,Canisius College Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave. Call 854-4034.
• The Niagara Frontier Section of The International Society of Automation, luncheon and tour of the Burchfield Penney Art Center, 11:30 a.m., 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. 1 PDH or .5CEU upon request. Cost $25, ISA members, student and veterans (with ID); $35, nonmembers. Reservations: isa-niagara.org/calendar.htm.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Speaker: Stefan Mychajliw, Erie County comptroller. 854-3397.
• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce Spotlight on Business Trade Show and Business Expo, 3-7 p.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Information 681-9755 or email email@example.com.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
• The Lockport Business Association, annual Awards and Dinner meeting, 5 p.m., Lockport Town and Country Club, 717 East Ave., Lockport. Cost $45.
Seminars and classes
• The Binational Alliance The “Global Gateway” Exports and Financing series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Lofts on Pearl, 92 Pearl St., Buffalo. Topic: From Local to International Trade & How to Do it Growing Your Business From a Small & Local Business to Strategic International Trade. Cost: Free, members; $35, nonmembers. Reservations and payment: Nick Giangreco 856-6525 Ext. 157 or Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Downtown Toastmasters Club, 7:30-8:30 a.m., HealthNow Building, Lobby Conference Room, 257 W. Genesee, Buffalo. Guests welcome at no charge. Free parking on 7th Street.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, Hotel Panel and monthly dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., Curly’s Grill & Banquet Center, 647 Ridge Road, Lackawanna. Cost: $25 member; $30, guest and late fee. Reservation with check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, BNTP, P.O. Box 333, East Aurora, NY 14052.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals, dinner and networking meeting, 5:15 p.m., Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Information and reservations, 874-1006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Speaker: Anthony Bannon.
• The Advertising Club of Buffalo, Seth Godin presentation, 2 p.m., Burchfield Penney Art Center, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Information and tickets www.advertisingclubofbuffalo.com.