Mr. and Mrs. Florian Korbel of Cheektowaga celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with a Mass and renewal of marriage vows in St. Bernard Catholic Church, Buffalo, followed by a dinner in Russell’s Steaks, Chops, & More, Lancaster. A family reception was held later in their home. Mr. Korbel and Jeanette Bateman were married Feb. 14, 1948, in Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is retired from Republic Steel, Buffalo; she is a retired office worker for GCF Industries, Buffalo. They have four children, seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Jeanette and Florian Korbel
- 325 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 184 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 116 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 92 Letter: Democrats, not GOP, are hostile to women
- 73 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals