Mr. and Mrs. Florian Korbel of Cheektowaga celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with a Mass and renewal of marriage vows in St. Bernard Catholic Church, Buffalo, followed by a dinner in Russell’s Steaks, Chops, & More, Lancaster. A family reception was held later in their home. Mr. Korbel and Jeanette Bateman were married Feb. 14, 1948, in Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Buffalo. He is retired from Republic Steel, Buffalo; she is a retired office worker for GCF Industries, Buffalo. They have four children, seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Jeanette and Florian Korbel
- 180 Food trucks will start rolling in Amherst again
- 137 Taxpayer fatigue blamed for defeats of six school budgets
- 118 Howard doesn't have the right to decide which laws he thinks should be enforced
- 114 Clarence voters reject 10% tax hike in school budget
- 112 Letter: GOP is trying to distract Americans with 'scandals'