Eric Johan Garcia-Rivas, 26, was found to be a fugitive wanted by the FBI on a federal indictment recently handed up in San Juan, charging him with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, investigators said. According to the FBI, Garcia-Rivas is part of a violent San Juan street gang that uses violence, weapons, threats and intimidation to traffic in drugs in a public housing project in that city.
After spending the night in the Dunkirk lockup, Garcia-Rivas was turned over to federal authorities Monday morning.
Alleged drug trafficker from Puerto Rico arrested
- 404 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 130 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult
- 89 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed