Eric Johan Garcia-Rivas, 26, was found to be a fugitive wanted by the FBI on a federal indictment recently handed up in San Juan, charging him with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, investigators said. According to the FBI, Garcia-Rivas is part of a violent San Juan street gang that uses violence, weapons, threats and intimidation to traffic in drugs in a public housing project in that city.
After spending the night in the Dunkirk lockup, Garcia-Rivas was turned over to federal authorities Monday morning.
Alleged drug trafficker from Puerto Rico arrested
- Julian J. Polanski, WWII veteran, railroad retiree
- Sister Margaret Mary Gleason, teacher, principal
- Area Deaths
Julian J. Polanski
Sister Margaret Mary Gleason, RSM
- 275 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 132 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals
- 73 Letter: Entitlement programs keep people in poverty
- 66 BTF to protest Common Core outside regent's home