Eric Johan Garcia-Rivas, 26, was found to be a fugitive wanted by the FBI on a federal indictment recently handed up in San Juan, charging him with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, investigators said. According to the FBI, Garcia-Rivas is part of a violent San Juan street gang that uses violence, weapons, threats and intimidation to traffic in drugs in a public housing project in that city.
After spending the night in the Dunkirk lockup, Garcia-Rivas was turned over to federal authorities Monday morning.
Alleged drug trafficker from Puerto Rico arrested
- 141 National Hoodie Day brings out dozens of Buffalo marchers
- 86 Why school 'rankings' are misleading
- 70Snyder optimistic that casino deal is near - City & Region - The Buffalo News
- 70 Graduation rates show troubling Buffalo decline
- 54Supreme Court rejects Kopp's bid to have murder conviction overturned