TOWN OF LOCKPORT – A fire that may have started in the chimney damaged a two-story house at 6054 Crosby Road early Friday evening.
The Niagara County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the fire at 7:13 p.m. and by the time patrols arrived, the fire had spread to an upstairs bedroom. All the occupants escaped uninjured.
The fire was extinguished by the Rapids Fire Co. with assistance from the South Lockport and the Clarence Center fire companies.
No damage estimates have been released and the investigation is continuing.