RANSOMVILLE – One firefighter was injured trying to get a heavy fire under control just after 11 a.m. today on Andrews Road. Officials believe the fire started in a wood stove.

The fire was found raging on the first floor of 4029 Andrews Road and was spreading to the roof and the second floor when Niagara County sheriff’s deputies arrived.

The unnamed firefighter from the Pekin Fire Department was taken by ambulance to Buffalo General Hospital to be treated for unnamed injuries.

Deputies found a resident of the home, Charles King, 26, standing in the driveway when they arrived at the scene. King told them that he had just started a fire in a wood stove when the flames spread to the living room wall. King said he was the only person in the home at the time of the fire. The owner of the home, Michael King, was contacted and came to the scene, according to deputies.

The extent of the damages are unknown. Cambria Assistant Fire Chief Kenneth Kozacki said firefighters were able to contain the fire to the front of the house.

The Cambria Volunteer Fire Department was assisted by Pekin and Ransomville volunteer fire departments.