ADVERTISEMENT

Students could bring detectors to dorms

Add me to the list of people who are grateful that a tragedy was avoided at the University at Buffalo, but were surprised to learn that there was no carbon monoxide detection system in the dorms. What surprises me even more is the fact that the parents of these students didn’t send a detector with their kids when they left home. That would be the first thing I would insist that my child packed. Carbon monoxide detectors are relatively inexpensive, small, portable and can be placed almost anywhere. While I am certain yet another law is being drafted at this moment, whatever happened to common sense and taking responsibility for oneself?

Barbara Connors

Williamsville