Darnell Jackson Sr., a former gang member-turned community activist, has been ordered to the Erie County Correctional Facility for eight days for violating the conditions of his domestic violence sentence, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office announced Monday.

In December, the 55-year-old Jackson pleaded guilty to second-degree harassment for physically harassing a young woman.

State Supreme Court Justice Deborah A. Haendiges sentenced Jackson to a one-year conditional discharge but instructed him to seek mental and substance abuse evaluations and to complete a domestic violence program.

Jackson did not seek any evaluations nor participate in a domestic violence program, according to District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III.

As a result, the Buffalo resident was resentenced to the county facility for eight days, Sedita said.

Sedita referred to Jackson as a “so-called community activist.”

Last summer, Jackson announced his retirement from community activism, citing weariness over run-ins with government and police officials.

A former gang member, Jackson said he was inspired to turn his life around and work with young people after an angel appeared to him in a jail cell years ago.

In 2010, Jackson arranged the peaceful surrender of City Grill shooter Riccardo M. McCray. Jackson also convinced other wanted criminals to turn themselves in over the years. The Margaret L. Wendt Foundation in 2010 contributed $100,000 to fund his East Side Redevelopment Task Force to hire 50 young people to clean up 50 vacant lots on the East Side.

Jackson has been arrested at least four times since 2010, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Last summer, police arrested Jackson for allegedly pointing a loaded shotgun at a man holding a 1-year-old boy.

And in October 2011, Jackson was arrested for allegedly fighting with police, who responded to reports of two men stripping copper flashing from a roof at the former Wonder Bread factory, where Jackson’s Center of Hope community center was located.

Jackson, who at the time said the men had no business taking the copper, insisted he did not start fighting with police.

The District Attorney’s Office did not have the dispositions of all of his arrests, but charges from several of the incidents were dismissed.