Common Council members will consider a plan for using federal anti-poverty funding in the upcoming fiscal year and a broader plan for the next five years during the Community Development Committee meeting at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
A link to the plan is available at the top of the city website at www.ci.buffalo.ny.us/.
Public agencies will see a 15 percent across the board reduction in funding, and the city’s demolition program will also see a cut, said Strategic Planning Executive Director Brendan Mehaffy.
The plan also calls for a $1.1 million loan for the Tishman Building, which would be paid back in seven years at 3.2 percent, Mehaffy said.
Also this week:
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall, and will review plans for a 15,000-square-foot retail store in front of Wegmans at 601 Amherst St.
• The Board of Ethics will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in Room 1317 in City Hall.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. will meet at noon Tuesday in the Erie County Industrial Development Agency offices at 143 Genesee St.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, where approval of a scrap metal recycling facility at 409 Hertel Ave. is on the agenda. A vote was delayed during the last committee meeting because North Council Member Joseph Golombek said he wanted more time to speak with people in the neighborhood.
• The School Board will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 801 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.
• Erie County Legislature committees will meet Tuesday and Thursday in Old County Hall, 92 Franklin St. On Tuesday, Health and Human Services will meet at 9 a.m., followed by Community Enrichment at 10 a.m., Government Affairs at 11 a.m., Economic Development at 12 p.m. and Minority and Women Business Enterprise at 1 p.m. On Thursday, Energy and Environment will meet at 9 a.m., followed by Public Safety at 10 a.m. and Finance and Management at 11 a.m.