School district residents can hear details of the district’s planned budget for 2013-14 and share their thoughts when the School Board meets for a budget study session at 7 p.m. Monday at the High School, 9625 Main St.
Superintendent Geoffrey M. Hicks has previously said the district could face a budget gap as high as $6.3 million, and that a combination of solutions will be necessary to meet the district’s financial needs. More information on the budget is on the district’s website, at www.clarenceschools.org.
Also this week:
• A Planning Board executive meeting will be 9 a.m. Monday at Town Hall.
• The Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall, following a 6 p.m. work session. There will be a public hearing at 7:45 p.m. on the annual master plan review.
• The Clarence Chamber of Commerce’s 41st annual awards dinner will be Thursday at Samuel’s Grande Manor, 8750 Main St. Cocktails are at 6 p.m. and dinner is at 7 p.m. The honorees are: Michael B. Powers, citizen of the year; Clarence Community and Schools Federal Credit Union, business of the year; Clarence Senior Citizens Inc., organization of the year; and Richard R. Milewicz, lifetime achiever of the year. Tickets are $50 per person. Contact the Chamber at 631-3888.
• Clarence United Methodist Church, 10205 Greiner Road, will hold a dinner and magic show fund-raiser on Saturday. Dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. and the magic show will start at 6:30 p.m. The fund-raiser will support the Youth Ministry summer mission trip to Brooklyn. For ticket information, contact the church at 759-8921.
• The Youth Bureau will hold a series of “Just for Boys” events, for boys in grades 4 to 7, on March 1, 8, 15 and 22. Each activity will be 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, call the Youth Bureau at 407-2162.