• Cornell Cooperative Extension, Western New York Reduced Tillage Grower Discussion Group, 1-4 p.m., Cornell Cooperative Extension – Genesee County, 420 East Main St, Batavia. Vegetable and field crop growers interested in reduced tillage (zone, strip and no till) invited. Preregistration firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 313-8796; information Brantonfarm@rochester.rr.com or 585-739-9463.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information 818-2526.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today; 8:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp., annual meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136 or email@example.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• The Advertising Club of Buffalo, AdLab 6 p.m., Templeton Landing, Two Templeton Landing, Buffalo. Hors d’oeuvres and cash bar, 5:15 p.m. Expert panel to discuss how to make the most of an idea. Admission: $5, student members; $10, Advertising Club members; $25, nonmembers who register www.advertisingclubofbuffalo.com. Additional $5 at door.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius College, Women In Networking-City meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius College, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. Topic: “Steps To Selling Your Home” and “How Personalized Corp. Catering Can Impress Your Clients.” Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, luncheon meeting, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Program: Erie Harbor Development, presented by Robert Gioia, chairman, Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp. Contact 854-4034 or www.buffalokiwanisclub.com.
• The Marine Trades Association of WNY, 2013 Buffalo Bills Boat Show, 5-9 p.m., Wednesday; noon-9 p.m., Thursday & Friday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, through March 3, The Bills Healthy Zone Fieldhouse, 1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park. Admission: $7, general; free, children 12 and under. Free parking. Information www.buffaloboating.com.
• The Urban Land Institute of Western New York, a subsidiary of the global nonprofit research and education organization, the Urban Land Institute, The Giacomo: A Catalyst for Downtown Niagara Falls. 6-8 p.m., The Giacomo, 222 First St., Niagara Falls. Program to focus on the redevelopment of the Giacomo Hotel and other planning and development initiatives in downtown Niagara Falls with Paul A. Dyster, mayor, City of Niagara Falls; Carl P. Paladino, Ellicott Development Co. and Thomas J. DeSantis, senior planner, City of Niagara Falls. Tour of hotel and networking with live music, and food and refreshments provided by the NCCC Culinary Institute to follow. Registration, bit.ly/WHy6qB.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable-North, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Bob Evans Restaurant, 6635 Transit Road, Lancaster. Beverages and breads provided by PMI. Attendees can purchase other menu items. Information 866-2842 or email@example.com.
• The Upstate New York Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, Q&A with the Bankruptcy Judges of WNY, 5:30-8:30 p.m., 388 Delaware Ave., Buffalo Panel: Bankruptcy Court Judges Carl Bucki and Michael Kaplan. Cost: $30, members; $40, nonmembers; $25, NextGen member; free, business and law students, required advance registration. Information and registration, www.unyturnaround.org “upcoming events,” firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-6615.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Buffalo-Niagara Riverkeepers, presented by Jill Spisiak Jedlicka. 854-3397.
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, special presentation, 3 p.m., J.P. Fitzgerald’s, 4236 Clark St., Village of Hamburg. Program: Politics Matters and So Should We: How We Can Restore Our Political Prominence,” presented by Kevin Hardwick, Canisius College and Erie County legislator. Hor d’oeuvres served. Cash bar available. Cost: $20, Chamber members; $25, guests. Ticket information and registration, www.hamburg-chamber.org or 649-7917.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, social and informational meeting, 5-6:30 p.m., Cheektowaga Residence Inn, 107 Anderson Road. Reservations, 684-5838.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Leadership Management Council of Medaille College, free Leadership Development Lecture Series, 7:30-9:30 a.m., Medaille College Amherst Campus, multipurpose room, 30 Wilson Road, Williamsville. Topic: “Leading Change and Transformation: View Organizational Change From a Different Perspective.” Information www.medaille.edu/LMCSeries.
• Chautauqua County Industrial Development Agency, “Lunch and Learn” Energy Workshop for small business and not-for-profit organizations, 11:30 a.m-1:30 p.m., Robert H. Jackson Center, 305 E. Fourth St., Jamestown. Free lunch, catered by Elegant Edibles. Required pre-registration, www.RenewChautauquaCounty.org or 866-495-2959.
• Canisius College Women’s Business Center, “How Can The Women’s Business Center Help Your Business?” 4-7 p.m., Canisius College Women’s Business Center, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St., Buffalo. No cost and open to the public.
• The Binational Alliance, Global Gateway Export Financing Series, 5-8:30 p.m., Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, 2145 Niagara Stone Road, Niagara-on-theLake, Ont. Topic: Reducing Your Risk In International Business Dealing with Cultural Barriers, Deciding on Payment Terms, Understanding International Contracts, Determining Best Shipping Options, & Picking the Right Partner for Your Global Supply Chain. Cost: Free, Binational Alliance members; $35, nonmembers $35—credit card prepayment. Reservations, 856-6525, Ext. 157 or Nick.Giangreco@BTAPartners.com.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• Cornell Cooperative Extension of Allegany-Cattaraugus and Erie Counties, “Planning for Succession” workshop, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Arcade Village Fire Hall, 145 North St., Arcade. Information or required pre-registration, 585-268-7644, Ext. 18 or email email@example.com.
• Startup Weekend Buffalo, 6:30 p.m., through March 3, Medaille College, Kevin I. Sullivan Campus Center, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo. Entrepreneurs and startup enthusiasts will come together to collaborate and build upon ideas. Required pre-registration. Ticket: $25, full-time students; $50, public, including meals. Information and tickets www.buffalo.startupweekend.org.
Seminars and classes
• Cornell University Cooperative Extension, Annual Rural Landowner Workshop, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Pioneer Central School, County Line Road, Yorkshire. Information or required pre-registration, 585-268-7644, Ext. 10.
• The Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center and Cornerstone Community Credit Union, free business workshops for local business owners to help their business succeed,
“Developing a Marketing Plan,” 9:30-11:30 a.m., Cornerstone Community Credit Union, 6485 South Transit Road, Lockport. Registration 210-2515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.niagarasbdc.org.
• Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Buffalo, free Money In Motion Financial Education Workshop, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., American Red Cross Blood Services Building, Training Center-Room 4, 786 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Information or reservations 712-2060.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, networking and dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Cost: $25, member; $30, guest and late fee. Reservations w/ check payable to “BNTP” to Justin Zarnoch, BNTP, P.O. Box 333, East Aurora, NY or email@example.com.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Governance Committee Meeting, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 143 Genesee St. followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp., followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Working for Downtown, Brown Bag Lunch Series, noon-1 p.m., Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square (second-floor meeting room). Program: Buffalo Zoo Update, presented by Donna Fernandes, president and CEO, Buffalo Zoo. Required reservations or to order a $10 box lunch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Canisius College Women’s Business Center, speed networking event, 3-5 p.m., Canisius Center for Professional Development, the Canisius Center at Amherst, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst. Participants should bring business cards and a 30-second elevator speech. Free, WBC Networking clients; $30, all others. Information or registration 888-8280, visit canisius.edu/wbc, or e-mail email@example.com.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter of New York State Women, networking and dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Dinner, 6 p.m. Cost: $30, member; $35, guest. Registration www.bncwomeninc.org.