Bernardo Fleurima, 21, and Savonne King, 18, were arrested Tuesday after they tried to use phony travelers checks at a Lancaster department store to buy clothing and accessories.
The pair was denied because earlier in the day, the two had allegedly successfully used the fake checks at another department store in the Buffalo area.
Lancaster investigators said the store’s security warned the Lancaster store about the couple. Lancaster police found them in a car on Transit Road. They obtained a search warrant and recovered unspecified evidence.
Investigators believe the couple may have been involved in similar ruses across the state and possibly other states as well.
They were charged with felony counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument and criminal possession of stolen property. Bail was set at $100,000 cash bond each.
They were transported to the Erie County Holding Center.
Anyone with information about the pair is asked to contact local police.
Couple accused of using fraudulent travelers checks
- 405 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 152 Letter: Women, not their employers, should pay for birth control
- 137 Letter: Hatred of Obama is richly deserved
- 90 Letter: SAFE Act is flawed, needs to be repealed
- 89 Making the case for Core, King rejects argument that education standards are too difficult