The town clerk’s office has worked out a way to try to get the Town Board agendas and pre-filed resolutions posted onto the town’s website far in advance of each week’s board meeting.
Town residents have complained in recent weeks that the documents haven’t been posted on the website, which is hosted by Erie County, until just hours before a meeting.
Employees in the clerk’s office will continue to email the documents to the county, for posting in their current section of the website.
But Town Clerk Johanna M. Coleman also has arranged to post the agenda and resolutions on the Town Code section of the town’s website, an area hosted by an outside company, General Code Publishers.
To find the documents in their new home, go to www.erie.gov/lancaster/ and click on the “Town Code” tab.
You’ll be redirected to a page with a searchable version of the code, along with links to posted agendas, minutes and resolutions under the “Public Documents” heading.
The agenda and resolutions for Tuesday’s Town Board meeting were posted as of 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Also this week:
• The Pizza Hut at 7470 Transit Road, Amherst, across from the Eastern Hills Mall, will host a fundraiser for the Hull Family Home and Farmstead on Monday. The restaurant will donate 20 percent of what is spent by diners between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. to aid restoration efforts at the historic Lancaster home.
Participants must print out and present a flier available on the Hull House website, www.hullfamilyhome.org/news-archive/pizzahut2013. Call Sue Jacobs at 681-5494 with questions.
• The Town Board meets at 8 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 21 Central Ave., preceded by a work session at 7. The meeting was moved from Monday because of the Presidents’ Day holiday.
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• The Lancaster Public Library board of trustees meets at 4 p.m. Thursday in the community room of the library, 5466 Broadway.
• The Village Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.