• The Western New York Paralegal Association, general membership meeting, noon, Phillips Lytle LLP, 3400 HSBC Center, Buffalo. Topic: “Defining Tomorrow Today.” Lunch provided by WNYPA. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.wnyparalegals.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Information 818-2526.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Amherst, 1881 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Host: Stefan Mychajliw, Erie County comptroller. Information 632-6905.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• The Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center, “Facebook Tips For Small Business,” 4-6 p.m., Bulger Communications Building, Buffalo State campus, 1300 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo. Cost $25. Fee waived for Buffalo State College faculty, staff, students, alumni and U.S. military veterans. Information and registration 878-4030 or email@example.com.
• Greater Buffalo Building Owners and Managers Association, networking and lunch meeting and tour, 11:30 a.m., The Greenhouse Room, Hotel @Lafayette, 361 Washington St., Buffalo. Tickets: $25, BOMA member; $30, nonmember. Required preregistration 856-3801.
• Buffalo Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Lunch and Learn Video Teleconference, 1-3:15 p.m., Northeast Retirement Plan Advisors, 950-A Union Road, West Seneca. Topic: Healthcare: The Times They Are a Changing. Continuing Education 2 credits. Required registration 860-5478 or www.buffalofinancialpro.org.
• APICS-Buffalo, the Association for Operations Management and the National Association of Purchasing Management-Buffalo, joint professional development meeting, 5 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Cost: $25, members and guests; $15, fulltime student. Information and registration www.apics-buffalo.com, www.napmbuffalo.com or 648-0972.
• BNI Advantage, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Recreation Center, Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• Nickel City Networkers Meeting, 7:30 a.m., Holiday Showcase Restaurant, Union Road, Depew. Information, www.nickelcitynetworking.com.
• Greater Buffalo Business Networking Event, 7:30-9 a.m., USitek Group, 1720 Military Road, Suite 200, Buffalo. Registration buffalo-tipclub-feb2013.eventbrite.com.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Dutch Mill Family Restaurant, 5259 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation, Governance Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA/BUDC, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Amherst. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals who are in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking-Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Pkwy. Amherst. Topic: “Lending & Key4Women” and “Outsourcing Human Resources.” Reservations email@example.com.
• The Western New York Chapter of Retired Public Employees Association, general meeting and luncheon, noon, Leonard Post VFW Post, 2450 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Reservations and information 892-1263, 675-5618 or 668-8239.
Seminars and classes• SCORE, the SBA and Buffalo and the North Tonawanda Public Library, “Starting and Managing Your Business,” a prebusiness and startup planning workshop, designed for those in business or interested in learning how to start a business, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., North Tonawanda Public Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Cost, $30; veterans, free with proper ID. Workbook, $15. Required reservations www.BuffaloNiagara.Score.Org.
• Institute of Management Accountants, monthly meeting, 6:30 p.m., Chef’s Restaurant, 291 Seneca St., Buffalo. Topic: From Fundraising to Fund Distribution “Not-for-Profits and How They Work.” Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Erie County Clerk’s Office, presented by Christopher Jacobs. 854-3397.
• Working for Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa St. Information www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes• Buffalo World Trade Association, Using Social Media to Promote Your Company 5:30–8:30 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: Free, members; $40, nonmembers. Information and registration 685-1781.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce’s At-Home Business “U” program, Marketing 101, 8-9:30 a.m., and Building a Better Business Plan 6-7 p.m., Monday, Feb. 25, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Open to business professionals. Cost $30. Information or reservations 632-6905 or www.amherst.org.
• Cornell Cooperative Extension, Western New York Reduced Tillage Grower Discussion Group, 1–4 p.m., Cornell Cooperative Extension–Genesee County, 420 East Main St, Batavia. Vegetable and field crop growers interested in reduced tillage (zone, strip and no till) invited. Preregistration email@example.com or 585-313-8796; information Brantonfarm@rochester.rr.com or 585-739-9463.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corporation, annual meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Marine Trades Association of WNY, 2013 Buffalo Bills Boat Show, 5-9 p.m., Wednesday; noon-9 p.m., Thursday, Friday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, through March 3, The Bills Healthy Zone Fieldhouse, 1 Bills Drive, Orchard Park. Admission: $7, general; free, children 12 and under. Free parking. Information www.buffaloboating.com.